Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Leslie's Trip




So I went to FEMA for work a few weeks ago and before my training, I got to take a quick trip to DC! It was so exciting. I flew into Baltimore on Saturday evening and took the night to sleep, sleep, sleep without anything/anyone to take care of. It was a nice break for a night. The next morning I got up early and took the train into DC. From there I jumped on a tour bus and saw all of the awesome places in DC. Obviously I could have spent weeks there and still not see everything that can be seen. However, using the tour bus afforded me time to see all the "big" stuff in a short amount of time. Of course Lincoln Memorial and White House were the highlights but all of it was great. I also visited the Holocaust Museum... every high school student in America should see that. Very eye opening! I really missed the guys but it was nice to have some me time.

No comments: